From Sanitas we advise you to turn to our specialists to help you develop healthy habits and thus achieve -or maintain- an adequate weight. In that plan, without a doubt, there will be no lack of physical exercise and a protected diet.
If you keep the balance at bay, you will see how you will gain benefits for your body and your mood. For example:
• Less risk of diseases associated with being overweight and obesity. This is the case of type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis and cardiovascular ailments such as hypertension and heart failure.
• Sleep better at night. Weight loss clears the airways, promoting good rest. If you do not sleep well, you gain pounds, and with them the possibility of suffering from disorders such as apnea, which is the temporary interruption of breathing during sleep.
• Greater mobility. That extra load we provide the body with being overweight can limit mobility. And especially in the case of elderly people, this loss can cause isolation.
• More self-esteem. Staying at the right weight helps improve both self and social acceptance. These two factors influence self-esteem, especially in the youngest. For this reason, not exceeding ourselves in kilos also removes psychological problems such as depression.
• Decreased chances of getting some types of cancer . Gastroesophageal reflux is one of the factors that usually triggers tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, which is more prevalent in overweight or obese individuals. But also a healthy weight distances us from breast, pancreas and kidney cancer.